How does the Dublin Bay Sail Experience work?
You and your students will climb aboard a beautiful, traditionally rigged, wooden sailing vessel and sail along the East coast of Ireland. Professional crew provided will teach your team new skills about how to operate the vessel until your students can take the helm. Your unique schools team building experience under sail awaits. Dun Laoghaire Marina is the departure and return point for Dublin Bay Sails. Sails tend to head in the direction of Howth or Dalkey island, depending on the tides and the winds. Bookings are available for 4 hours half day, or 8 hours for a full day.
- Sail hoisting and setting
- Helming (steering)
- Pilotage and navigation
- Communications – VHF radio
- Use of all electronic instruments
- Engine monitoring
- Climbing the rig
- Climbing out on the bowsprit (the netting at the front of the vessel)
- A 3 meter rib can be launched to provided closer access to the water or to act as safety cover for other activities. Kayaks, surfboard, stand up paddle boards and other activities can be provided upon request.
What is included?
- Venue Sourcing
- Event Planning
- 4 – 8 hour Sail Training Program and guided Dublin Bay sail
- Sailing gear
- Life jackets
- Tea and Coffee and biscuits
- Two toilets on board, two showers
What is not included?
- Food & Beverages are an extra cost. We can organise this for you through the chosen venue
- Transport to and from the venue but we can organise this for you
- Clothes and footwear. Good footwear. Soft-soled shoes are ideal. Dress for the weather to include an rain jacket / windbreaker.
How can it help your students?
Set sail and let us immerse you in the beauty of the Irelands sensational sea side view, exploring Dublin Bay, which is now a recognised Unesco Biosphere. Dublin Bay Sail gives your class a chance to enjoy a view of Dublin bay whilst collaborating as a crew and learning new skills. The true outcome of this experience is focused on the development of life-skills such as confidence, motivation, social skills, work ethic, self respect and respect for others.
Key Team Benefits:
- Connection with Nature
- Shared experience
- Group cohesion
- New Skills
- Sail Training