How does The Graduate Grow Programme work?
The Graduate Grow Programme is a bespoke challenge tailored to your company’s onboarding need. The event can last 3 hours to a full day depending on your needs. Although the programme can be adapted to run with Event Square staff alone providing inhouse debrief and instruction the program is best run alongside a professional trained and qualified facilitator that we can source for you.
- Characteristics of effective Teams
- Effective communication in teams
- Developing and testing hypotheses
- Continuous Improvement
- Effective Planning
- Time Management
- High Performance Teams
- To give candidates a greater understanding of what it means to be a high performing team
- Through practical experiential learning explore their characteristics to gain a greater understanding of themselves and their role in a team
- To take actionable learnings back to the workplace
* Team skills and Team Dynamics * Preparation & Planning
* Communication * Goal Focus
* Leadership * Co-operation & Collaboration
* Role Responsibilities * Time Management
* Challenge and Support * Respecting individuals
The programme content will focus on the characteristics of effective teams and how teams develop.
Approach and Methodology:
Our Experiential Learning approach is based on the following process:
Experiential Task > Review of Learning > Application to the Workplace
In experiential training and particularly the outdoors, people are brought face to face with the real fundamentals of management and teamwork and are required to identify and solve hands on practical problems.
After each task there is a structured review session during which the group is encouraged to examine their actions, behaviours and the process by which they tackled the task. The group will also discuss how the learning experience can be related to day-to-day life in the work place. The Facilitator will also expand on various aspects of management and team development theory that were highlighted during the particular task. It must be emphasized that the task itself is not important other than as a vehicle to highlight specific behaviours and skills.
Group broken up into teams of 6-8 and will rotate through a series of short challenges that will give leadership opportunities, experience working as a team, identify the groups strengths and shortfalls and offer continuous improvement.
- 08.45: Group arrive in conference room -Tea/Coffee & Snack
- 09:00: Introduction by lead facilitator on setting the scene for the day and goals and ground rules will be established. Safety & Challenge by Choice brief by Event Square
- 09:30 Event Square Experiential Activity – WeGo Team Challenge
The group will take part in a series of short challenges that incorporate the fundamentals of effective team work in order to successfully complete the task. All tasks will be approx. 20-25 minutes with 5 minutes for review and 2-5 minutes to move to next challenge. Sample challenges below
WeGo Team Challenge Sample Activities:
1. Planks Puzzle
2. Toxic Swamp
3. Towers of Hanoi
4. Sheep & Shephard
6. Leonrado’s Bridge
There will be 3 tasks before a mid-morning break and 3 tasks after leading to lunch.
- 10.45: Mid-Morning Break – Tea, coffee & snack
- 11.00: Resume challenges
- 12:15: Debrief on morning tasks and learning outcomes – Lead facilitator
- 13:00: Lunch
- 14:00: Classroom session lead by facilitator
- 14.30: Event Square Experiential Activity – All Aboard Challenge (Alternate options depending on venue include the A-Team Challenge or Bushmaster Survival Challenge).
- 16:30 – Debrief of the day’s activities led facilitator
- 17:00 Training ends
All Aboard Team Challenge Sample Activities:
A ‘one team’ collaborative multi activity & construction challenge involving the whole group. The event takes the form of a blend of physical, mental and cerebral challenges in an indoor and outdoor venue with a construction challenge finale. Teams must appoint an overall leader and 2 sub-leaders for this challenge. The group must design and build a system that will stop a raw egg from breaking when dropped from a height and ensure that part of the shell is touching the groups when it comes to rest. The group must earn point by completing challenges in order to purchase construction materials.
- Indoor Zone – physical mental & cerebral challenges
- Outdoor Zone – physical mental & cerebral challenges
- Navigation & Retrieval Zone
- Design Zone
What is included?
- Venue Sourcing
- Event Planning
- 3 hour activity program
- Prize Giving
What is not included?
- Food & Beverages are an extra cost. We can organise this for you through the chosen venue
- Meeting room or Venue hire
- Transport to and from the venue but we can organise this for you
How can it help your team?
The Graduate Grow Programme is an ideal choice to introduce new graduates, and employees, for recruitment, but also to show people everything your company does. Personnel and (potential) customers learn about your brand, your operations and your vision in a relaxed yet informative manner. This Onboarding challenge can be used to acquaint new staff with your organisation and is an ideal teambuilding choice to help improve team collaboration and communication. Each event combines a bespoke blend of physical, mental and cerebral challenges chosen especially to energise your team. Our Graduate Grow Programme has been a huge success in giving graduates the tools they need to build a long-term career with your company. The Programme helps graduates become the best they can be at the work they do and develops a workforce that is able to adapt quickly to changing business requirements.
Graduate Programme Outcomes:
- Quick integration into the existing team and culture
- Develops a flexible and multiskilled workforce capable of rapidly responding to dynamic and changing business needs
- Motivates, inspires and retains graduates
- Provides a soft skill base that can be applied within your company
- Develops graduates to achieve maximum effectiveness in their roles
Key Team Benefits:
- Icebreaker for new graduates
- Project management
- Presentation skills
- Building effectiveness
- Team building
- Time management
- Planning skills
- Communication skills
- Collaborative working
- Emotional intelligence
- Logical problem solving
- Time Management
- Energising a Team
- Team dynamics
- Shared experience
- Team collaboration
- Team motivation