How does Forest Retreat work?
The Forest Retreat program is all about reconnecting with nature, and resetting your team in a unique environment. The experience teams take away with them is a feeling of well being and fulfilment. The programs on site are delivered in line with the principles of Leave no Trace. Activities, dining, and overnight stays can all be tailored over 1/2 day, full day and multi day programs.
The Forest Retreat can be a short 1/2 day program, a full day or a multi day program with a range of Mindfulness & Wellness events and dining options on offer.
Forest Bathing: During a forest bathing session, you and your team will connect with nature through sensory and mindful activities to experience relaxation & rejuvenation
Yoga & Mindfulness: We love the yoga & mindfulness aspect of being surrounded with nature
Wood Carving: Crafts Learn wood carving crafts to in a fun and simple way
Hike: Explore the scenic hills in Wicklow with one of our scenic guided hikes
Survival Skills: The Natural Living Skills program is all about learning fundamental outdoor skills & feeling confident when out in nature
What is included?
- Venue Sourcing
- Event Planning
What is not included?
- Food & Beverages are an extra cost. We can organise this for you through the chosen venue
- Transport to and from the venue but we can organise this for you
- Accommodation but we can organise this for you
How can it help your Team?
The Forest Retreat offers a number of important skills of the participants:
- Team Healing
- Post Covid Team Reset
- Feeling at home in nature
- Experience of relaxation, rejuvenation, and connection with nature
- Disconnection from electronic devices
- Learning outdoor skills
- Learning to make real decisions and accept real consequences
- Obtaining a sense of achievement and satisfaction by overcoming challenges and obstacles
- Developing self-reliance and independence
- Experiencing and appreciating the outdoor environment and gaining the knowledge and skills to journey safely in that environment
- Recognising the needs and strengths of others
- Developing and enhancing leadership skills
- Rustic Tipis: The Tipis are spacious, single pole Norwegian canvas Tipis – ideal for 6 + people. Includes pallet beds with sleeping mats and interior lighting – Bring own sleeping bag & pillow!
- Tree Tents: Enjoy a unique experience camping up in the trees. All tents (tree & trekking) include sleeping mats and interior lighting. Available to suit either 2 or 3 people
- Camping Hammocks: Hammock & Tarp sleep system with mosquito netting & self inflating mat
- Trekking Tents: 2 or 3 person trekking tents
Dining Al Fresco in the Woods One of the things we love to do in the forest, is to cook over the open fire. Food always seems to taste so much better We cook dishes that one would not expect to find in the woods but by combining creativity, fresh locally sourced ingredients, an open fire and a whole load of passion, this enables us to offer a unique dining experience the students love Dining Options: Tea/Minerals/Coffee. Bespoke Dining options include a Brazilian BBQ with Picanha/BBQ Platter/Forest Burgers/Buffet Lunch/Salad/Oven Baked Pizza /Quesadillas/Pasta & More
*Licensed venue to cook on open fire
Key Team Benefits:
- Mindfulness & Wellness
- Connection with nature
- Well Being
- Team dynamics
- Leadership skills
- Shared experience
- Group cohesion